Benefits Changes - Help to Find Work

Content owner : Last updated : 08/12/16

Tenants into Work Team

The Tenants into Work (TIW) team can provide advice and support to help you access training or employment. The Team deals with a wide range of people, from school leavers up to adults who may want a career change or need help with further training.

The support we can provide includes:

  • Discussing careers options on a one-to-one basis or in small groups.
  • Identifying skills gaps and how to deal with them.
  • Helping individuals to draw up action plans for employment, education and training and providing support to achieve these goals.
  • Researching careers, options and support organisations to meet individual needs.
  • Helping to identify relevant training courses or qualifications and any funding that might be available.
  • Providing advice on CV, applications, job hunting and interview techniques.
  • Running small group sessions or larger presentations on all aspects of employment and topics related to personal development.
  • Helping people to understand the current job market.
  • Support in signing up to myworksearch to broaden your work searches.
  • Reviewing work experience to identify potential employers.
  • Making contact with organisations on your behalf.
  • Up-to-date advice on the labour market, legislation, study and training opportunities.

We also hold regular job clubs in Berry Brow, Netherton and Rawthorpe.

Work clubs

If your income from certain benefits is above the cap then your housing benefit or universal credit will be reduced. This will no longer cover all of your rent and you will be responsible for paying any shortfall.

Work clubs provide an opportunity to share experiences with other people who may be in a similar situation to you. They also provide advice on job search techniques, interview skills, developing your CV and IT skills. Regular job clubs are held at the locations specified on the Work club document which can be found here - Work clubs PDF.

Who else can help?

KNH has a dedicated team of officers who can provide you with advice on budgeting and managing debts. They can check that you are claiming the correct benefits and provide support in making an application for a Discretionary Housing Payment. Please contact the Money Advice Unit