Adaptations for tenants with disabilities

Content owner : Gateway to care Last updated : 05/03/81

If you cannot make full use of your home because you have an illness or disability, you may be able to have your home adapted. Contact the Council's Gateway to Care service to arrange an assessment.

If they can help, they will contact the Council's Housing and Health team, who will decide what work needs doing. You will be told whether or not you will have to pay towards the cost of the aid or adaptation. This will depend on your income.

For more information, visit Equipment and adaptations for your home